James Paulson's roll off roof observatory at the Sunridge Observatory site, taken in the summer of 1986, housing a 10 inch f/5 Cave Astrola Newtonian reflector telescope



Saturday, June 6, 2009

Gearing Up For Summer


Today marks an anniversary of sorts for many reasons. I am pleased with my progress so far in returning to astronomy, and I am quite satisfied with my new equipment. I find my curiousity is rising in things I could never imagine years ago, particularly in the area of stellar evolution, galactic formation, and planetary science. I am fascinated by the way that the bigger picture is unfolding before me on how this all fits together. Down the road, I plan on writing an article on my ideas on all of this, but in the meantime, tonite I am just going to enjoy the full moon and the occultation of Antares. Clear Skies and if not, Cloudy Nights

No comments:

Post a Comment