James Paulson's roll off roof observatory at the Sunridge Observatory site, taken in the summer of 1986, housing a 10 inch f/5 Cave Astrola Newtonian reflector telescope



Friday, August 14, 2009

A Beginning with Jupiter


I've been experimenting with the Meade LPI and thought I would make a second attempt at Jupiter with some adjustments. I believe that my focus is a little off, and I lack the focal length to really increase image scale. Jupiter was a bit low in the sky when I shot these and I did not stack them myself, but rather let Envisiage do the stacking setting the quality up a bit higher. The seeing was not really great visually either.



You can see 3 of Jupiters moons, and these photos were taken on the evening of August 13 at approximately 11:00 PM EDT. It's going to be a lot harder to image Jupiter than I've seen in some photos. Especially at a focal length of 762 mm and f/5. I may experiment and mask the scope down a bit to see what I can do to sharpen the image. I hope to have better photos down the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment